Date: 27th September 2017 at 4:07pm
Written by:

2 late goals from Michael Harriman and Nathan Tyson gave Wycombe the win despite 2 goals from Chris Dagnall that looked as though it had given the visitors all 3 points at Adams Park last night.

Crewe manager David Artell made three changes after Saturday`s hammering by Carlisle with full-backs Perry Ng and Zoumana Bakayago coming into the back 4 with Jordan Bowery joining Chris Porter and Chris Dagnall in a front 3. Ryan Wintle missed out after a stress fracture of the tibia forced him off on Saturday (he`ll miss a few months of action) whilst Conor Grant and George Cooper were dropped to the bench.

The opening chance of the game came in the 3rd minute with QPR loanee Ebe Eze was found by midfielder Marcus Bean with the forward shooting wide of the near post from a tight angle. The next chance also fell to the hosts with a Joe Jacobsen forcing Ben Garratt into a decent save from 25 yards out.

The opening goal of the game came just before the half-hour mark as an Adebayo Akinfenwa flick-on was taken around Garratt and rolled past Ng who got back onto the goal-line. The first half-chance for the visitors came 10 minutes before the break with Dagnall unable to get on the end of a low Bowery cross but the skipper would get his name on the scoresheet minutes later. A free-kick was taken and given back to Brad Walker, whose cross found Michael Raynes at the back post with Dagnall turning the ball in from the edge of the 6-yard box.

5 minutes after the break, Walker forced keeper Scott Brown into a point-blank save via a Dagnall deflection before Eze hit the bar with a curling effort from just outside the area. On the hour-mark, Eddie Nolan headed an Akinfenwa header off the line before Crewe took the lead following a Mackail-Smith booking for simulation. From the resulting free-kick, Garratt with a long ball that was flicked on by Porter with Dagnall taking a touch to take it away from a defender before smashing it past Brown.

The equaliser came 2 minutes from time as Tyson set up Harriman for his first goal in 17 months as he half-volleyed the ball from the edge of the area past Garratt into the bottom corner before Nathan Tyson smashed the winner home from outside the area, beating Garratt at his near post.

Crewe travel to Coventry City on Saturday afternoon in our next league game.

Crewe: Garratt; Ng, Raynes, Nolan, Bakayago; Walker, Ainley (Cooper 90), Lowery; Dagnall (c), Porter, Bowery

Wycombe: Brown; Harriman, Scarr (Stewart 69), El-Abd (c), Jacobsen; Eze Bean, Saunders (Freeman 81), Tyson; Mackail-Smith (Umerah 73), Akinfenwa