Date: 30th January 2008 at 4:50pm
Written by:

Crewe may have made an offer for Bournemouth’s young striker Sam Vokes. Reports coming from Bournemouth suggest that a bid of £175,000 has been made but the club is as of yet unnamed.

Vital Crewe earlier this week broke the news to you that Vokes was one of Holland’s main targets following the rejection of Stuart Fleetwood.

Yesterday Bournemouth boss Kevin Bond rebuffed the speculation, but it looks as if he spoke too soon as the Bournemouth board are now considering a substantial bid for their Welsh striker whilst the club stares administration in the face.

Steve Holland also confirmed yesterday that the club had tabled a new bid for another striker but hadn’t heard back from the club in question.

He told superalex.co.uk: ‘We were expecting to hear from his club yesterday, but the team involved were playing, so that might be delayed,’ said Holland. We’re optimistic, although it has been a frustrating 24 hours. Hopefully, we’ll get some luck and have a chance to speak to the player.’

There is, however, a catch. There is also reported interest from Bristol City (obviously) and Doncaster Rovers – should those two enter the frame then Crewe’s chances of capturing Vokes are slim.

With the transfer window closing on Thursday night, the club will be hoping for swift answers on any bids they have made this week after a very frustrating January in the transfer market.

 

2 Replies to “Crewe Table Vokes Bid?”

Comments are closed.