Date: 8th January 2008 at 11:46am
Written by:

Crewe have made a ‘substantial offer’ for a striker this week. Steve Holland has stepped up his search for a new forward today by making the offer to the unnamed club.

Holland says he’s expecting news on the offer some time today (Tuesday). Holland told crewealex.net:

‘We have made a substantial bid for a striker and I’m told that our bid was presented to their board last night. I am expecting a call at some stage today, to confirm if our offer was accepted or not.’

Two names that could be in the frame are Nick Chadwick and Andy Bishop. Chadwick, from Plymouth, has been a long term target for the Alex and the club failed in a couple of loan moves the Stoke born striker earlier in the season. It’s thought a bid of around £100k would secure the out of favour player.

Bishop meanwhile would cost considerably more. The Bury hit man was subject of a significant bid in August by the Alex but Bury snubbed the offer, along with offers from Ipswich and Blackpool.